Car vs Truck vs SUV: Your Definitive Guide to Choosing the Right VehicleChevrolet Apr 26th, 2016
It can be a hard choice to pick a vehicle. As the market grows there are more and more options for a buyer. This article aims to provide some of the benefits and advantages of different vehicle options to help make your decision easier.
Cars offer a great many benefits to drivers, as well as some drawbacks. The main advantages to a car are:
- Fuel efficiency. If fuel efficiency matters to you, then nothing can beat the car. Pickup trucks and SUVs usually come equipped with larger engines which consume a lot of gas. Where cars can give 30 to 40 MPG in the city, trucks can hardly give 20 to 25 MPG.
- Cars also offer great passenger comfort. A sedan can usually provide seating for up to six people in great comfort, with plenty of leg and arm room.
- Cars can also be easier to drive, as they are compact with low ground clearance. They are also easier to park and maneuver due to their small size.
There are also several disadvantages of cars:
- First is due to their low ground clearance, it can almost be impossible to drive a car off-road. Cars, unlike SUVs and trucks, are not adapted for off-road driving.
- They lack the towing ability to transport other vehicles due to the small engine size. They also lack cargo space; while it can work for small needs such as groceries they have limited space compared to trucks and SUVs.
- The fact that they are low to the ground can reduce visibility compared to trucks and SUVs.
For more information visit: https://www.globalcarsbrands.com/cars-vs-trucks/
SUVs can provide several advantages compared to a car:
1.The 4×4 capabilities of an SUV provide greater safety in winter weather. Due to the higher ride the provide better visibility compared to cars. They also have off-road capability, which cars tend to lack.
- They have greater towing capacity than cars, but will not transport heavy equipment like trucks can.
- They have better passenger capacity can comfort than trucks. However they lack the cargo space of a truck.
They do however have disadvantages:
- They consume much more gas than cars. However, while they consume higher gas than cars on highways, they provide similar gas mileage in cities: so if you are mostly around town then the extra gas is not an issue. However a car will be a more environmentally friendly option overall.
For more information go to http://blog.extended-vehicle-warranty.com/blog/car-vs-suv-whats-the-best-choice-for-your-family
Tricks are an iconic vehicle in North America. They are designed with the needs of North Americans in mind. There are two main advantages to owning a truck:
- The ability to transport anything. You simply need to get the size of bed you need and you can transport anything you want. You can help your friends move, carry equipment for work or load up your bike, canoe or anything else you need for the perfect leisure get away. It is the perfect vehicle for contractors, construction workers or landscapers, as it allows you to transport everything you need to get the job done. If you need to move large equipment then this is the vehicle for you.
- Safety is another important factor. Trucks can be a lot safer due to the strong frame, and the fact that you sit higher, which gives a huge advantage to see the road and other vehicles. They also do well in bad weather thanks to the four wheel drive providing extra safety on wet or snowy roads.
- Trucks also offer more power. They can transport heavier loads than an SUV could, and a lot more than a car could. While it does depend on size a truck can carry up 12,000 pounds. They can also traverse rough terrain with these loads.
For more information visit: http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1048643_three-advantages-of-a-pickup-truck
The main disadvantages to a truck are two fold:
- Fuel economy is a major issue. The larger engine means they use a lot more fuel. Trucks that are equipped with more fuel-efficient 4-cylinder engines do offer greater fuel economy, but they have a reduced power compared to other trucks.
- Trucks do lack passenger space. They tend to only have a front set of seats; which can limit the passengers to 3. However some do have space for up to five, but this is at the sacrifice of comfort to passengers regarding head, leg and shoulder room.
For more information visit: http://ezinearticles.com/?Advantages-and-Disadvantages-of-a-Truck&id=6450777
So there you have it. It depends on what you are looking for in your vehicle, but there is a right option out their for everyone.