Search by Keyword
WE ARE CURRENTLY SOLD OUT OF SCRAP-IT COUPONS FOR 2021
BC SCRAP-IT PROGRAM
Receive Up To $6,000 In Rebates For Your Old Vehicle
The electric car revolution is upon us. More and more auto manufacturers are starting to produce all-electric variants of their vehicles - including General Motors. To help you make the switch from gasoline or diesel vehicles, the BC Scrap-It program was created to help provide financial incentives for residents of British Columbia when trading in their old vehicle for an all-electric vehicle.
But wait, there's more! You can also receive an additional $5,000 Federal Government Rebate & a $3,000 Provincial Government Rebate on a new Chevrolet Bolt EV. That's a total of $14,000 in savings!
What is the BC Scrap-It Program?
The BC Scrap-It program was designed to help residents of British Columbia get rid of their old, gas guzzling vehicle for a new (or pre-owned) zero emission vehicle through financial incentives. Those financial incentives include:
- A $6,000 rebate when you purchase a qualifying new EV
- A $3,000 rebate when you purchase a qualifying pre-owned EV
Is My Old Vehicle Eligible?
There are a few criteria that you must meet in order to qualify for the BC Scrap-It Program. These include:
- All applicant(s) must be the registered owner(s) of the vehicle being scrapped
- All applicants must be able to provide evidence from ICBC that they have had continuous driving insurance (not including storage) on their vehicle, as the registered owner(s), for the 6 month period from the date they apply to the program, backwards.
- Your vehicle is 2001 or older and is only propelled by a gas/fossil fuel internal combustion engine
- Or any model year vehicle with a fuel consumption rating of 7.2 L/100km (city) or greater
What Other Incentives Are There?
If your vehicle is a 2002 or newer model year and has a fuel consumption rating of 7.1 L/100km (city) or less, it is not eligible for an EV rebate. However, it is eligible for other BC Scrap-It rebates. These include:
- An 11 month ECOPASS ($880 value) valid on the Victoria Regional transit system
- A $1,050 rebate from BC Scrap-It when you purchase a new electric bike from a participating electric bicycle retailer. The minimum retail price of the e-bike must be $1,200 before taxes.
- A $500 credit with one of the following organizations: Modo, Kootenay Carshare Co-op, Coast Cop-op, Spark Car Share
- $200 cash rebate
- A $100 cash rebate when you scrap a vehicle that does not qualify for the program
I Have A Few More Questions, Where Can I Get More Info?
You can get more information about the BC Scrap-It program on their website. www.ScrapIt.ca