2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 Features OverviewMay 23rd, 2019
Pickup trucks used to have sparse interiors but that’s not the case these days as the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 features list is a long one. From Safety to Convenience, the Chevrolet Silverado can be customized to your specific needs.
Safety is always on everyone’s minds when purchasing or leasing a new vehicle. The 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is a half-ton truck with a lot of standard safety features and a slew of optional ones as well.
- StabiliTrak Stability Control w/ Traction Control - Automatically adjusts the brakes and engine torque to help the driver stay on the intended path.
- 6 Airbags - Dual-stage driver and passenger airbags, Seat mounted side impact airbags, and side-curtain airbags for front and rear occupants.
- Rear Vision Camera - Provides a clear view of what’s behind the Canyon when reversing. Includes dynamic guidelines laid over the display to assist in reverse maneuvers.
- Teen Driver - This configurable feature lets you activate customizable vehicle settings associated with a key fob to help encourage better driving behavior. It can limit certain vehicle features, and automatically turns on certain safety systems if vehicle is equipped.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System - Monitors the pressure in each tire and alerts you if there is a low-pressure condition in one or more of the tires
- OnStar & Chevrolet Connected Services - Whether you need assistance with a specific vehicle function or turn by turn directions or assistance in the event of an accident, OnStar is always there to help you.
- Front and Rear Park Assist - Below 8 km/h (5 mph), provides distance-to-object alerts to help the driver park
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert - When in Reverse, provides alerts to help drivers avoid approaching detected left- or right-cross traffic
- Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert - Provides side-mirror alerts to help the driver avoid a moving vehicle detected in their side blind zone. Also helps detect a vehicle that is rapidly approaching their side blind zone during a lane-change manoeuvre.
- Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking - If the vehicle is travelling at a low speed and the available system detects that a front-end collision situation is imminent while following a detected vehicle and the driver has not applied the brakes, the system is engineered to automatically apply the brakes to help reduce the collision’s severity.
- Safety Alert Seat - The GM-patented Safety Alert Seat provides the driver with the option of getting haptic seat-bottom vibration pulses instead of audible collision avoidance alerts.
Let’s face it, no one wants to buy a truck where the only convenience feature is a radio. That’s why the Chevrolet Silverado features quite a few standard and a slew of optional features to make the drive more enjoyable.
- 7” Diagonal Chevrolet Infotainment System - This multi-touch screen is the center of the Silverado and features the AM/FM radio, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility, Bluetooth, and voice command pass-through to phone.
- 6 Speaker Audio System
- USB port
- 3.5” Diagonal Driver Information Screen
- Power Windows
- Power locks
- Electrical Theft-deterrent System
- 4G LTE with WiFi
- 8” Diagonal HD GMC Infotainment System with Navigation
- 6 USB Ports
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Steering Wheel Controls
- Heated Steering Wheel
- 10-way Power Driver’s Seat
- 10-way Power Passenger Seat
- Heated & Ventilated Front Seats
- Heated Rear Seats
- Leather-appointed Seats
- Ventilated Front Seats
- Wireless Phone Charging Pad
- Dual-zone Automatic Climate Control
- Remote Vehicle Start
- Bose Premium 7-speaker Audio System
- 8” diagonal Driver Information Screen
- 120-Volt power outlet
- Power Sunroof
- HD Surround view cameras
- Rear Camera Mirror
- 15” Multi-colour Head-Up display
In addition to the WT, Custom, Trail Boss, LT, LTZ, & High Country trim levels, the 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 is also available with a few packages to set your Silverado apart from all others.
Z71 Off-Road Package
This package adds a lot of off-road features to make the Chevy Silverado a tough and capable full-size pickup when the paved roads run out. It adds Z71 off-road suspension, Hill Descent Control, skid plates, 2-speed Auto-Trac Transfer case (WT, LT, RST and LTZ models), 18” aluminum wheels, 18” all terrain tires, and Automatic locking rear differential (WT, LT and RST models).
Max Trailering Package
This package utilizes the full potential of the revised frame of the new generation Silverado 1500. It includes an automatic locking differential, handling/trailering suspension package, enhanced cooling radiator, revised shock tuning, heavier duty springs, 9.76” rear axle, 3.42 axle ratio, trailer brake controller, and trailering equipment.
Safety Package II
While the Chevrolet Silverado is already one of the safest trucks on the roads, there are some available safety equipment that can be added to prevent a crash in the first place. The Safety Package II includes Forward collision alert, low speed forward automatic braking, lane keep assist with lane departure warning, front pedestrian braking, IntelliBeam (high beam assist), and safety alert seat.
For those that want the latest in vehicle gadgets, the Technology package adds features such as HD surround Vision camera system, rear camera mirror, Multi-colour 15” Head-up display, and 8” diagonal digital driver information centre.
Eagle Ridge GM – Coquitlam, British Columbia