2016 Apple CarPlay & Android AutoAug 24th, 2015
Some exciting news for GM owners as Apple CarPlay and Android Auto will be available on many GM vehicles in 2016! These two innovative systems allow users to utilize their smartphones safely and easily within their vehicle for increased functionality. Here are some of the awesome features:
Android Auto works with Android phones to extend the functionality of Android devices. Available on phones running 5.0 (Lollipop) or higher, Android Auto allows you access to maps, music, communication and other apps while you are driving. This is all done through the vehicle’s audio system, and is a safe way to access these items while behind the wheel. All of the information is organized into useful cards that appear when needed.
- Maps: Google Maps will offer free voice-guided navigation, live traffic information, lane guidance and more.
- Music: Google Play Music allows you to stream endless music on the road (and anywhere else you want to listen), ad-free. Users get a 90 day trial!
- Phone: Make phone calls or send and receive messages while keeping your hands on the wheel.
- Voice: Just say the word – Best-in-class speech technology makes controlling everything with your voice fast and easy.
- Apps: Have quick and easy access to many of today’s hottest apps!
Designed as the best iPhone experience on four wheels, Apple CarPlay brings all of your iPhone’s functionality along with you. CarPlay is a safer, smarter way to use your phone while driving, putting everything right into your car’s display. Utilizing Siri Voice control, CarPlay is specifically designed for driving scenarios. Controlled using voice, touch or knobs, CarPlay keeps your hands and eyes where they should be. CarPlay is available on iPhone 5 and newer.
- Maps: Apple Maps comes to your dashboard, providing turn by turn navigation, traffic conditions and estimated travel time. CarPlay can also predict where you most likely want to go.
- Phone: Make calls, return missed calls and listen to voicemail while safely travelling to your next destination.
- Messages: With the help of Siri, you can listen to and dictate texts. This lets you send, read and reply to your text messages.
- Music: Bring your iTunes library with you. Access your artists, songs, playlists and Apple Music membership using your car’s built in audio.
For more information on the availability of Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, please call or click!
- (604) 464-3941
- 2595 Barnet Highway, Coquitlam ,BC